Parco dei Lecci Toscano IGP BIO
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Toscano IGP Organic
Trees Leccino and Frantoio are the varieties which form the blend. They are typical Tuscan types which are characterized by particular tastes and scents. The Leccino variety prevails. Fruits are healthy, of medium size, slightly asymmetrical with medium sized kernels. Green with violet shades (turning dark) for the Frantoio, black and of large size for the Leccino. Harvest is done by hand and mechanically from mid October till the end of November.
Cold-pressing (T <2 7 ° C) is carried out immediately after harvesting.
Chemical and physical characteristics
- The oil presents the acidity of <0.3%, good oxidation parameters (Peroxides and UV Absorption) and is mid-high in biophenols (natural antioxidants).
- Colour is green with yellow shades.
- Fragrance is fruity, green and medium ripe.
- Taste is that of artichoke and almond.
- After taste is medium bitter and spicy.
Being balanced and delicate, albeit fragrant in the flavour, it goes with all pasta, meat and fish dishes.