The farm was made up of 1000 hectares, it produced cereals, oil, wine and summer fruits, and it also bred cattle. The woods were divided into 12 plots and every year one was cut down for the wood to be made into charcoal.
The livestock was made up of cows, bred and sold for meat. There were also pigs and sheep which brought in a good income by being made into sausages and salamis, and into wool, mattresses and textiles. The farm had an independent wine cellar, an oil mill, a joinery and a farm blacksmith. Oil, wine and cereals were sold to wholesalers.
Up until 1940, the farm had a staff of 10 office workers and 10 farm workers. Until about 1950, the land was let out to tenant farming but around that time it was taken back to be managed directly. Over the period 1950 – 55, the agricultural reform meant that the farm was considerably downsized bringing it to its current size.